Registration Procedure for EPF Universal Account Number and How to check the EPFO UAN Status at unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in…..
Universal Account Number or UAN is a 12 digit unique number allotted to every member of Employee Provident Fund (EPF). UAN allows its holder to control EPF account. The Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India is responsible for issuing UAN numbers in India. A UAN assists its holder to maintain multiple PF accounts if he or she leaves an organization and joins a new one. In this post we will discuss about on EPFO UAN Registration and EPF UAN Status check procedure.
What is the purpose of UAN?
The purpose of UAN is to maintain a centralized hub for storing employees data. Further, It helps employees to be independent of Employee Provident Fund Organization for their verification. An employee can link his or hers PF account with UAN allowing to withdraw PF balance without any hassle.
A UAN also enlightens its holders with benefits of Provident Fund account such as Employee Pension Scheme, EPF for help at Special Occasions, Medical Emergency, Personal Goals, and Insurance Benefits.
How to register for Universal Account Number (UAN)
To register for UAN, an employee needs to submit KYC documents to EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organization) along with address proof. The KYC documents are
- PAN card, Aadhaar or Passport as an identity proof
- Ration Card, Driving license, passport or voter ID as an address proof
- Employee’s Bank account number, name, and IFSC code
After successful verification of KYC documents, an employee has to register on UAN’s official website. The employee needs to submit the Mobile number, Member ID provided by the new employer, and UAN number offered by the employer. An OPT pin will be sent to the registered mobile number to enter the date of birth, and personal details of employee.
Employees are encouraged to set a permanent password to authenticate while trying to access their updated EPF passbook.
What is a standard procedure to check EPF UAN status at unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in?
To check UAN status online, you need to have a UAN registered. The UAN is allocated for employees in service or started working between 1st January 2014 to 30th June 2014. If you were one among those employees, then getting your UAN is a piece of cake.
- To check your EPFO UAN status online, you have to visit the official website of EPFO or Employee’s Provident Fund Organization working under Ministry of Labor and Employment, Government of India
- The website link is https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/.
- On the official website of EPFO, a note for every EPF member is provided which has general information of PF benefits and UAN.
- On the right side, employees can log into their PF passbooks by authenticating their UAN number and password.
- To check universal account number, an employee can look upon ‘Important links’ at the bottom of the page. “Know your UAN Status” link opens a new webpage where an employee can know universal account status by authenticating mentioned fields on the webpage.
- While providing a KYC document details on a status web page, an employee can either enter Organization’s member ID along with state, office, other details, Aadhaar card and PAN card.
- It is not necessary to enter all the document details for EPF UAN status
- The employee has to enter his name in the name box. It is a mandatory field and employee needs to enter the authentic name as per Aadhar card
- Another mandatory field to enter is the date of birth of an employee
- If an employee has provided an email ID, then it is mandatory to enter the registered Email address for EPFO UAN status check
- The captcha field makes sure that EPFO UAN status check was raised by an employee, but not a bot.