Epfindia.gov.in official website dedicates who are searching on EPF Balance Check, PF Claim Status, UAN Status, Universal Account Number Activation, Forgot UAN Password Reset, Pension Status, Interest Rate etc….
This the lingering question in our minds. Employment Provident Fund is a retirement benefit scheme and applies to salaried people in India. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization of India (EPFO India) manages and overlooks the funds. Companies with 20 plus employees’ require registration with the organization.
The employees’ save a fraction of their salary every month. This policy helps employees later in retirement or when declared unable to work. Many workers’ love the initiative and give the agreed percent of the salary.
Provident Fund deduction process from salary.
On the onset of employment a certain percent of the salary is deducted. This upon agreement with your employer, 12% of basic salary and allowances will go to the EPF account. A 3.67%from employee’s side and 8.33% contribution from employers’ side. Workers with salary above 6,500 every month an 8.33% only is diverted to their EPF account. The funds are kept in one pool and gains interest every year. Ensure to update the account details in new job by giving the EPF number.
How to get the Provident Fund Account
There two ways of registering the Provident Fund. Offline and Online.
The online process is most significant, reliable and time saving process. The employer will follow the steps below for proper guidance.
- Visit official Employees Provident Fund portal http://epfindia.gov.in or https://esewa.epfoservices.in
- Click on registration tab. A new page appears and here you follow the instructions.
- Enter the state where the business runs the region code and office. Note the code will appear when the state is selected.
- Key in your code number, business details PAN number and the legal signatories in the organization.
- A verification code will be send about on your mobile phone. Terms and conditions in accordance to process will appear for you to agree.
- A temporary password will be sent to your handset through SMS. Check and verify the password.
- Navigate back to the home page screen on the link http://epfindia.gov.in or https://esewa.epfoservices.in. Sign in to your account, change password to a memorable one. Follow the steps to create an Employee, Provident Fund account.
Its proper for workers to keep checking the PF status. You will see the flow On Provident account. Follow the simple steps down here.
How to check EPF claim status at epfindia.gov.in
Members can check their without consulting the employee. Once the employee gives the withdraw claim. Follow the steps and learn:
- Go to the EPFO India member portal.
- Press on our services.
- A new tab will appear choose “For Employees”.
- Select on the service button. Click on “Know Your PF claim status”.
- Enter the state your PF office is located.
- Give the code.
- Enter the EPF account number.
- Click on submit button.
There are various ways to check the EPF status, at the comfort of your house using an SMS or missed call.
- Navigate to official website efpindia.gov.in
- Enter your Provident fund account number.
- Enter get EPFO claims status.
- It will bring the claims on the page .Make a print out for future use.
If you register your UAN number with EPFO account, you can receive details on your handset.
SMS EPFOHO UAN ENG to 7738299899. The abbreviation ENGstand for the language you want to receive message with. There various language like Telugu, Hindi etc.
Checking the EPF claim status using a missed called
Make a missed call on 011-22901406, using your registered number. Details of your EPF will be delivered. This is easy and can be done without a smartphone device.
The employee username or password can stop working, this shouldn’t worry you. Login your Provident account using registered phone number, or KYC details like the PAN. The number has to link with the PF account. Follow EPF balance enquiry using PAN
- Go to the website EPF India member portal.
- Press on our services.
- Choose the option for employees.
- Key PF balance or member passbook.
- When the member balance is shown key in your PAN.
- Click ok to submit.
- Check your messages an SMS with full balance and status will display on the screen.
- Download the PF slip take a copy for future reference.
For some reasons an employee PF account might be dormant. He may lose employment or is sick. If the account stays 36 months and still dormant, no interest was added by the government. The government has though otherwise and now paying interest for dormant accounts. Guidelines to check inactive account:
- Activate your UAN and login to epfindia.com
- Click on the helpdesk.
- Leave the introductory part and press the First timertab.
- Fill in your employers’ details like code, state, addresses, starting date.
- Please fill in your details like name, mobile number and language.
- Enter details of KYC –PAN card number bank account.
- Click to get the pin, an SMS with outstanding amount will sent to your handset.
- Send the pin to your current boss for activation of UAN and PF accounts.
The government has created a grievance website to help worker whose accounts are not working. Meaning all your credentials are correct but still not accessing your account. Use the online process and leave the query which will be solved with working hours of the government.
- Visit the management portal.
- Fill in the legal information to verify your identity.
- With provided space write your issues, but not more than 5000 characters.
- Change it to document form and click send.
- You will receive responds in your e-mail or SMS.
Information required for successful registration
Every employer has to give details about them company and employees in their company. Here are some details needed for complete process.
- Name, addresses and branch information the company.
- Official dates of registration of the company.
- Fill the employees’ details and the positions.
- Total number of employees
- The type of business offered by the organization.
- Legal status by the company.
- C.E.O personal details and company associates
- Bank on which company transacts.
Proforma for coverage: This form is fill by employer with employee’s details.
- Name of employee
- Net and gross salary.
- Commencement of employment.
- Position held in the company.
All will be complete by attaching a Form 5A with Annexure1.
Legal documents for EPFIndia registration
- Certificate of incorporation for public or private company.
- Partnership act if company has more than one C.E.O
- Legal document required by the income tax act.
- Memorandum and articles of association for private and public companies.
- Partition deed.
- Balance sheet details
- Salary details.
EPF balance check using UAN number or PF number in epfindia.gov.in
Here we follow the below steps to check the EPF balance.
- Visit the EPF India official website page and use the link: https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/
- An e-Passbook will appear on top right end of the screen.
- A new page will emerge.
- Key in your UAN and password in the space given
- Select login.
- You will get a new page.
- Click on the box that appears.
- Open the passbook and check the information.
- You can download the passbook and make a copy.
This simple steps are accessible on the mobile phone using a few step.
- Download EPFO mobile app m-epf
- Open on the App and select member
- New screen will show
- Select on Balance / passbook option.
- Please enter your UAN number and registered mobile number.
- Click on the show tab and view on the detail.
How to download the EPF passbook and the UAN online
A new portal to download the UAN and EPF passbook is now officially open. Under this portal you can find all details like change password check balance etc. Its fast and convenient way to access your account online.
The portal is diversified and can perform the following tasks:
- Download and update your passbook anytime.
- View your passbook and change details.
- Update KYC information without consent of the employer.
How to generate EPF passbook and UAN card online using the EPF UAN portal?
- Navigate to EPFO UAN unified portal https://unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in/
- Home page will be presented as follows:
- Login in using your UAN number or the password. If forgotten the password select forgot password and reset.
- The screen will present different tabs for download.
- The button to download the EPF passbook will show at right top corner.
- Next is the download UAN card tab click to download or print.
- There three other tabs on the same page; View, manage, and account.
View: Here you view the complete profile. Your UAN number name date of birth EPFIndia account company name etc.
Manage: This where you change your e-mail phone number password and all the personal details. You will get a pin before updating the information, confirm and proceed to make the changes.
Account: Here you change password and anything entailed in account. You can check how much is in the EPF India account .Whether you are eligible for pension or not.
This process has come assist all the workers, they won’t flock at the EPF offices. Sometime back you had to ask the HR for the account but now it on your fingertips.