How to Download or print your updated UAN / EPF Passbook anytime and how to print your Uan Card at passbook.epfindia.gov.in website…..
Technology has made life easy for everyone. It is for this reason that the Employees Provident Fund Organization has decided to make it easier for its members to access their services from the comfort of their house. All you need is fast internet and having all your details in place and you will be able to get any details or documents from the EPFO portal with just a few clicks.
Although this process might seem a challenge for people who are not computer literate, it is the best option for many members. At the same time, this process helps members to monitor the status of their accounts and download several documents that might be of great use to them. Some of the documents you can be able to download from this website with ease is an updated EPF Passbook and the UAN Card.
The process of downloading these two documents involves very few steps and will take very few minutes as long as you follow the right procedure. However, before we list down the step by step procedure of downloading UAN Card, it is important to define what it is and what it entails.
What is an UAN Card and what does it entail?
The UAN Card is a document issued by the Employees Provident Fund Organization and it contains important details of an employee or EPF Member. This card is very important for a number of reasons most importantly being; it is the one your new employee uses to link your new account with the old incase you switch jobs.
A Universal Account Number card entails personal details of the employee. Below are some of the details you’ll find in any UAN Card.
- UAN: The Universal Account Number of the Employee is one of the most important details you’ll find listed on the UAN Card (it is mentioned in red). This number is normally printed on both the front and back side of the card.
- Name of the Employee: The next important information you’ll find printed on the UAN Card is the employee’s full names. This will appear as it was filled by the employee on the EPF Form during registration.
- Father’s Name or Husband’s Name: The employee’s father’s name is also included on the UAN Card. However, if the employee is a lady and she is married, her husband’s name is included to replace the dad’s name.
- KYC: Since the KYC documents are so many, they will not be listed on the card. However, a “Yes” is mentioned to confirm the employee has submitted all the necessary KYC documents and they have been approved. However, if they are not approved, a “NO” will appear on the card.
- QR Code: On the reverse or back side of the card, you will find a QR code indicated. This QR code is of great importance as it can be scanned to reveal the details of your UAN Card. This QR card is also used to prove the authenticity of your UAN Card.
- Date Stamp: The date on which the employee will download the UAN Card is also indicated on the card.
With the above information in place it is now easy to describe the step by step procedure followed in downloading your UAN Card. This has been made easy and convenient and all you need to do is follow the following steps:
- Login to your EPF account. This is done visiting the Member e-sewa portal http://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ . Ensure you login using your UAN and password. Once you enter your UAN and Password, you’ll be expected to correctly fill-in the provided Captcha code before signing in.
- Once you’ve correctly signed-in, click on the “UAN Card” tab under “View” section.
- Your UAN card will automatically appear on the screen once you click this option.
- The fourth and the last step is downloading or printing your card directly according to your personal preference.
Step by step procedure of downloading or printing your updated EPF Passbook anytime
- The first step is visiting the EPF UAN official portal and logging-in using your UAN number and password.
- Once you have successfully logged in, the next step is clicking on the view EPF passbook. This will direct you to another website.
- Click on the link provided and you will be able to view your EPF Passbook.
- Select the ‘View Passbook”. You will be able to view your passbook with all the necessary details in place.
- Once this is done, you will be requested to either download or print UAN passbook. Once you click print, the EPF Passbook will be printed automatically if you have a printer connected to your PC. However, if you don’t have a working printer you can opt to just download and save it in your PC.